Friday, 25 October 2013

Hooked on books

Wow what a busy week I am having. I am literally reading books and comping non stop, in between juggling family life. In the past week I have got to know a fantastic author called Janice Horton after reading her brilliant book Bagpipes and Bullshot.

Now I am lucky enough to be able to read her next book called Reaching for the Stars. As well as this I am reading Cursed by Tara Brown. I am tempted to start a third book too, but I think I will tax my brain far too much. I am a literature addict but I am only human.

I would love to hear what you are all reading at the moment. Once I have read Janice Hortons new book I will be adding a review, but I can already safely say that I have found a new favourite author in her.
Be sure to pop in amazon to check her books out - they are greatly priced and once you start one of her books you simply won't be able to put it down. She also has a range of voodoo romance novellas that I am sure will entice your literacy taste buds. I can't wait to read them myself.

Janice is a Scottish writer with a creative flair for drawing each reader into the plot of her stories. I feel like each character I encounter becomes someone who I personally know, which is the sign of a great author. There is a difference between simply reading a book compared to thoroughly emersing yourself so the words on the pages become as real as the world around you.

Have you ever told yourself *oh I will read just one more chapter and then I will do the housework*? Three hours later and the hoovering isn't done but you have had a truly enjoyable experience. I feel disappointed knowing that I am coming to the end of a book. I want to know the conclusion but at the same time I don't want to say goodbye to the characters with whom I have become too know fondly.

Now my mind is drifting off to matters of sleep as its 1:45am but maybe I might be able to fit in some more reading before the inevitable haze of drowsiness takes over me.

Night for now and happy reading.