Sunday, 6 October 2013

Introducing Mike

I thought I had best introduce my amazing husband Mike to you as I have talked about our children, introduced me but not given Mike a formal introduction. 

Sooooooo..... What do I say? Lol - so many things go through my mind about ways I could embarrass him on this article but I will (on the whole) try and behave myself. You will soon come to learn that Mike and I have a very humorous relationship - we tease each other rotten and love playing pranks on each other. Our house is a house full of laughter. 

Ok back to the amazing Mike. Mike and I met 8 years ago. We had been friends on a chat server called IRC for a few months before we met, but I was finishing a bad relationship with the sperm donor of our gorgeous son Ibby. 

Mike and I were great friends online - he always made me laugh which was great as I hadn't properly laughed in a very long time. He also made me feel appreciated which was something I was also lacking. When you are in an abusive relationship, be it physical, mental or both you start to believe that you aren't worthy of people and deserve the treatment you are receiving. Mike, through just friendship at that point, gave me strength to finally stand up to my ex and end things once and for all. I also had started developing feelings for Mike and I don't believe in staying in a relationship if I feel anything for somebody else. You could say Mike rescued me, as he gave me the strength to stand up to my ex when I hadn't had the courage before. 

My ex took it very badly so I packed my stuff up, got me and Ibby on a train and went to my mums. Whilst there Mike (who lived 3 hours drive away) offered to take me and Ibby out for the day to cheer us up. Saying yes was one of the wisest decisions I have ever made. We had an amazing day out, we were so comfortable together and before I knew it we were sharing our first kiss. That was September 25th 2005, so 8 years has just passed since our first date - time flies. 

The rest is a long story to tell but in a nutshell I moved to Wiltshire two months later to live with Mike. We had visited often in between, Ibby was thriving from attention from a male figure that he never got from sperm donor and we were all head over heels in love with each other. 4 years later we married in an amazingly special and romantic ceremony with our friends and family present. Then followed our beautiful daughter Amber-Leigh who just turned 3 last month. Add two crazy cats into the fold and you can see we have a very busy house. Mike is working very hard as a financial controller for a thriving manufacturing company and due to my health I cannot work, so I am stay at home mum, which I love.

Now here comes the slobber-fest! Mike is the most amazing man that I have ever met, and I have kissed my fair share of frogs to find him. He is a fantastic daddy to Ibby and Amber and he is the best husband that I could ask for. He fully supports me with my disabilities and rarely ever complains. He didn't come into this relationship with me and my disabilities - they developed within the first 3 years of us being together but he hasn't batted an eyelid and says he loves me exactly for who I am - not my disabilities. He is the most unselfish person that I know and if I could give him the world I would. I am so blessed to have an amazing husband and can't wait to grow old, grey and wrinkly with him.