Friday, 4 October 2013

Red head to a Blonde Bombshell part 2

Before all the madness of what happened with my family I took the first step on Saturday 14th September and I took my bright red mane of hair to my hairdresser Emily. Now Emily has been my hairdresser for the past 8 years and she is, without a doubt, the best colourist in chippenham and anywhere else I have been to.

Emma had already explained to me that it would take a few sessions in the salon with her before I received the blonde hair that I so desired. Emma knows that I don't do things by halves when it comes to my hair, so if I said that I wanted it blonde then it had to be as standout blonde as she can colour it. If anyone could handle the job then Emma at Salon Secrets could.

All of my hair was first bleached with foils. It took FOREVER!!!!!! I have the longest and thickest hair you can imagine so it took well over an hour to put them all in. I felt like a space cadet film extra by the time all of the foils were applied. They were then pinned onto my head into what I can only describe as a pyramid, and I was left to my own devices whilst they worked their magic.

At this time I will normally indulge in a magazine or new book that I am reading on my kindle with a coffee by my side. I had brought my kindle with me, so I read a part of an intriguing book that I found on the Amazon free book list. It's about a 16 year old girl with ocd and alot of mental issues who is to stand trial for the murder of her step - grandfather. It follows the complexities through the case and has me completely hooked. I don't get time often to read books so this was the perfect opportunity.

When my foils were removed and everything was rinsed out a copper toner was placed over. This was to cover any yellow that the first lot of bleaching might have created. My hair takes to colour very well so I wasn't too surprised really. It was just a shame that I had to go copper as I want to be blonde as quick as possible. Can you see I am not a patient person? Oops.

Anyway, after all this was done Emma gave me a gorgeous choppy haircut with lots of layers to give it more oomph. I am an oomph girl - oh Emma, you know me so well. After a quick blow dry and my hair straightened I was ready to go.

Emma suggested that I washed my hair every night for two weeks using head and shoulders or Tgel as it would strip the copper off and give me a boost of blonde colour. I managed to do this three times in the first week whilst I was with family visiting my brother and it did make a difference. So this week I am attacking my hair with a vengeance. I know that I am not going to be the blonde Bombshell i want just by using head and shoulders but at least I can get highlights in the meanwhile until I go back for my next session just before Christmas.

I don't have a photo to hand at this moment as its half 3 in the morning and I am in bed but tomorrow I will show you the difference in the colour so far and I would love your opinions. My mother in law thinks I should stay this colour but honestly, it's too boring for me. But it's a step forward to my final target so I will embrace it for now. I hope you are enjoying my hair escapades. There's more to come and hopefully it won't turn green!!!!

Hair disasters? Have you had any? Please let me know in comments and I might use it in a future blog article.